Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday May 19, 2005 at 20:56
Mr Griffiths
It's my lucky day!
February 2005
Saw it this morning and i loved it!

I have been a bit of a geek with reading all the spoilers and scripts first and i feel that most of the bad comments made were wrong.

The Vader Scream of NOOOOO was Ok IMHO because he is angry at himself because he was the one who caused his nightmare to come true

Portmans acting was good

Pointy lightsabers didnt upset me

The "lost the will to live" line was fine after the story

Lucas did a good job writing and editing this one.

I feel it was the third best Star wars Film with Empire as the best .
A new hope second and ROTS as third with Jedi fourth.

Not the best but a good watchable film

I have to say the opening space battle scene was amazing the ships have gone up another level they looked to have the detail of models but move better.

The link between ROTS and the original trilogy were fantastic the fighters the look of buildings interiors all had tie in's to what Star Wars fans have all seen and memorised.

Yes i would have liked more Wookie battles ,Jar Jar to be killed and less new stuff that R2D2 can do that the little astro droid has never done since.but thats just nit picking.

Now the bad stuff and it's not the film! It was the cinema
I went to watch it at Showcase cinemas in manchester.
when the ads were on the keystone was well out ! when the film started the actual start started upside down and in reverse?!
When it did start the image was projected too high and the tops of heads were projected on the ceiling twenty minutes of the projectionist moving it up and down zooming it in and out didn't put me off this film.The picture quality seemed washed out as if too bright.
I will never go to showcase to watch another film i have watched other films there when they have been shown in the wrong ratio!

Hosting Services by ipHouse