The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Tuesday July 12, 2005 at 17:23
Mr Griffiths
It's my lucky day!
February 2005
When i go shopping and i take my 8 yr or 13 yr daughters or my 17 yr son i involve them
Hey do you think mum will like me in this ?
What colour should i get?
Do you like the taste of this?
I really value your opinion does this go with that ? etc etc
All the time interacting ,talking ,extending there vocabulary ,building a friendship..guess what they dont run around the shop screaming or hiding and i gain from the experience.
Some parents only talk to there kids to order them to do something and then don't tell them why it was wrong when they do the opposite. IT DOESNT WORK! unless the kids are totally affraid of you because you smack them(which is not what i want or do).

It seems to me some parents are just lazy and stupid.
Not knowing any better is no excuse ,my parents used the smack method and two of my sisters ran away from home.
I knew the system of a smack or punishment would not work for me so i do it the interactive way.
Dont get me wrong my kids are very scared of doing something wrong incase it upsets my trust and they feel that i would feel dissapointed in them.

Losing your child can be an accident but more often it's because the parents are thinking about something else ..normally there own personal needs.

Hosting Services by ipHouse