Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Tuesday August 2, 2005 at 06:17
Mr Griffiths
It's my lucky day!
February 2005
Guess who's back!!

Couldn't stand the Hospital it was full of ill people so I discharged my self!

Thanks for the many kind words and thoughts sent by you guys. My wife was genuinely touched at what a caring bunch you are.

I am sure they put me in a bed next to some poor old guy with one bad lung on an oxygen cylinder that made a sound like a Bingo machine and he had lost his marbles and was shouting one of his four catchphrases, which consisted of...WHAT!,NOOO! EHHH?! And F in HELL! Which he shouted all day and night just to make me discharge myself!
The poor guy tried to get in bed with me in the middle of the night on three occasions thinking it was his bed.

The Doc didn't smile when I told him I needed that burr hole op like I needed a hole in my head. He seemed to lack a sense of humour just as the Scouse nurse who was about to take my blood and I said don't Scousers usually use a Stanley knife for that! Then I realised how stupid I was as she has a needle in her hand and a grudge.

The junior Doctor doing my lumbar punch had never done one before and put it in the wrong place to begin with so they pulled it out and the senior doctor tried a little higher
before they hit in between my vertebrae. Well if it had been a plasma bracket I would have told an apprentice measure twice drill once ..wish the senior Doctor had told him something along those lines.

I am recovering from the NHS 7.00am every day porridge nightmares and cold soft toast.errr delish..not.
Although some people like Rice pudding (I used to) having it on the menu every day and the fact that it was disgusting has put me off Rice pudding for life.

I am currently on quite a lot of medication so I can't have a drink and guess what I have decided to cut right back on the alcohol. I don't smoke but the amount of young guys a bit overweight and with bad hearts in hospital is frightening I am going to help myself and loose a bit of weight and drink much less.

Once again thanks guys for your kind words

This message was edited by Mr Griffiths on 08/02/05 11:03 ET.

Hosting Services by ipHouse