The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Wednesday July 20, 2005 at 13:35
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
not slapping anyone, and especially not goodnf. It is just one of my pet-peeves. The biggest problem is that the statement "TS is bad and everyone knows it" is usually written by someone that has never tried a decent touch screen remote and does not understand the concept and its reason for being. Even though I agree that generally speaking a TS is created to be more visually appealing and generally speaking you might look at the screen a bit more, I have a Pronto and a Harmony, and several other remotes and the same way that with experience I know where the 0 button is located on the Harmony, I know where the channel icon for most channels is on the screen of my pronto and don't need to look at it. The trick is to not try and put too much on the screen (my estimate is <12 -preferably <9 on the old Prontos and <16 on the new ones.) at that many buttons they can be big enough and spaced enough to use without looking. On the other hand with a touch screen a guest does not need to ask "what does that do?" unless you have something like the Sony 2000, (or its siblings) where you are not given full control to relable. But on a push button that is much more likely to happen, for instance on my Harmony 768 I turned the 12 button keypad + zap into channel macros in guide mode so that way I have the equivalent of my channel icons on the Pronto. But let's be honest, those 13 channel jumps are useful for me, but what if someone else uses the remote?

Hosting Services by ipHouse