The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Wednesday July 20, 2005 at 08:48
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
Ooops! Sorry. I thought I was in the Intermission Forum.

true, but at least I focused on a small part of it. I could have said that one has MRSP of 200$ the other 250$, that they are both 15 remote devices....... so even though I would not compare a Harmony 880 to a URC-300 I don't think it was that bad of a comparison.

The Harmony is so much easier and quicker to program - amd it remembers the state each component is in.

will not argue with that, Harmony has real feature rich remotes at a decent price. And the 880 is their coolest one ever. But like I said in a different thread in a more appropriate forum, there are stuff you can do on a TS that you will never be able to do on PB remote. The URC-300 does not fall in that category as far as I know, but it is blanket statements like "TS is bad" that I consider naive and dumb. The problem is that you will never see anyone that loves their TS remote say PB remotes are bad and anyone that cares for his guests would want a TS remote with intelligible labels, but it looks like every so often you need to get a PB lover say TS is bad because you need to look at the remote 24/7. If TS was bad, then why are there more and more manufacturers building TS remotes? Why has Philips been doing so well with the Pronto line? Why are there so many that have upgraded from one TS to an other as better ones (fancier screen) have been coming along?

Hosting Services by ipHouse