Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday July 17, 2006 at 22:57
OTAHD
October 2005
On July 17, 2006 at 22:05, Anthony said...
I like the first one best (2003 John...)

So do I. It's my favorite of his logos. His other ones can be seen at [Link: celsiusdesign.net].

though I would make the buffalo golden instead
of white (and maybe go with a front faced head
only)

Hmm...golden buffalo. I like the white because it follows our team's traditional logo with a modern touch. But gold would look nice too.

Something like this? I know I didn't photoshop the gold perfectly but...I like white better.

why did they change from blue and gold to red
and grey?

The color changeover happened when the team moved from the Memorial Auditorium, or the "Aud" as it is called in Buffalo, across the street to the newly built HSBC Arena. This, to me, seems to be the only reason the logo was changed. New arena, new era. However, team owner and original founder Seymour Knox died during that season, and Adelphia (yes, the cable company) bought the team, with head John Rigas as the owner. Rigas lost the team in 2002 and Tom Galisano bought the team in 2003, saving it for the city. During the last game of the 2003 season, the team wore the original blue and gold jerseys for the game, an exciting move that got fans hoping that the uniforms would change back to the originals, because the red and black is thought to symbolize the bad Rigas era. (I was at that game, and it was very exciting).

where does the "sabers" name come from

When Northrop R. Knox and Seymour H. Knox III founded the team, they chose the saber as the team name because it was considered a weapon carried by a leader. The team is actually the "Sabres" not "Sabers." (Once while living in Pennsylvania a local radio host reading off NHL scores called them the "sob-rays." It was actually a mistake, not even intentional.)

PS why is the eye red?

No clue. I guess John Slabyk is the only one who knows.
LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse