The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday June 2, 2007 at 10:04
Jay In Chicago
Founding Member
December 2001
I don't care it the kids are allowed to answer by raising hands or not.

It's true what they report about how some kids can get left behind in such situations.

Teachers need to be more adaptive to changing teaching methods and ensure every student is getting the education they deserve. Most teachers will naturally focus their energies on those kids who are 'getting it' (their lesson plan), and ignore those who are falling behind. That's just bad teaching. Those are the kids they should be dealing with directly. Not the other way around. A raised hand could be viewed as a cop out... OK.. Lesson learned ... those of you who don't understand ... well. sorry. You should have paid better attention ... on to the next subject...

How about charging the teachers with making sure all the students gain the required knowledge. Or would that require too much effort?

Don't try to be a teacher if you can't teach all your students and learn how to deal with the very real percentage of those that require some help.

If a student is failing in class, it's often due in part to some form social anxiety or other type of disability or syndrome. Identifying these children and addressing their needs is important to their lifelong development.

Will raising your hand or not put and end to the good or bad in the school system? No, but it might be one of countless changes that need to be made that given a little thought should bring some positive change.

Sport and tests... They do need to be scored. Without a doubt... Right?

On the other hand. I really don't care what grade I get on a test... I don't even care if I take a test of the knowledge I gain. What on earth do I have to prove to anybody... Either I know something or not.

When people ask about you skills... Do you answer with a grade?

I doubt your dealing with the same group of nut jobs that expel kids from school for pointing their finger like a gun. Another group perhaps, but the intentions are worthy of our consideration.

The biggest problem for many teacher / student relationships is a parent who doen't care.
Jet Rack ... It's what's for breakfast

Hosting Services by ipHouse