The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Tuesday August 14, 2007 at 00:49
OTAHD
October 2005
I agree with pretty much anyone.

If moderators are added, it probably should be the bare minimum number, possibly just one. Someone to move threads to the proper forum, and close threads or delete objectionable posts when they have gone far enough.

One sports forum that I'm a member of went really bad when moderators were added. Since it's creation, there was only one moderator, and I swear he never went on the forums at all. He'd show up a week later to ban a troll that had been spamming for a long time. Eventually things got so bad that emails were sent to the team webmaster, who added more mods. But he added four new ones. They (especially the one) went absoultely crazy...not only did they get rid of the trolls, they also banned anyone that criticized them or their viewpoints, plus deleted stuff they disagreed with, and went merge crazy on most threads so that discussion wasn't even able to be logically followed. It took them about 2 months to see their shortcomings - now everything's fine, but we lost a lot of likable members in the process (people who were so fed up they quit).

Now, that's pretty off on a tangent, obviously that won't happen here. I think the forums are fine as is, but moderation wouldn't be a bad thing. Especially to move threads...the CI lounge seems to be a combination technical/off-topic forum.

A readable CI lounge for everyone would be great. IP seems to be fine for the pro discussion about things that can't be said publically. I'm not against having only CI's being able to post though...it would probably make the place more useful. Allowing everyone else to read it would allow the wealth of knowledge that this site has to offer to keep flowing.

Just my two cents.
LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse