The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Thursday February 21, 2008 at 10:22
Sc0tty
July 2003
In a technology driven sport (if you'll forgive the unintentional
pun) that's always going to be the most likely outcome.

I agree, and that is why Nascar came up with the COT. There are VERY strict rules and regulations on what can go into the car's design, but they have put more adjustment possibilities into the setup. The goal is to make the cars as similair as possible, to take the money side out of it as much as possible, but to give the crew, the chief, and the engine builder the ability to give the driver what he wants or needs to win. In theory it gives us what we are all looking for.

I look at it this way. The last 4 years if your team was not backed by someone named Hendrick, Gibbs or Roush you had little chance of winning. Until Dayton this year Penske had one what..one or two races in the last 3 years? I would be willing to bet that you may see some other owners compete a little more this year. Obviously the best drivers are still with the big 3, but I think the playing field is being leveled a bit, and put more in the hands of the mechanic, crew chiefs, and drivers, than the guy with the pocket protecters, and tape on this glasses.
I long for a better world. One in which a chickens motives will not be questioned when mearly crossing the road.

Hosting Services by ipHouse