The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Friday February 22, 2008 at 19:59
djy
RC Moderator
August 2001
Time for an update . . . or, more accurately, no-one's around and I'm bored so I thought I'd have a waffle.

Having had a look around at the (not insignificant) number of projects now on the go, I finally decided to join the World Community Grid; the reason being their running of the UD agent. Unfortunately however this too is now coming to an end. It would appear that WCG have decided to bin UD in favour of BOINC, an agent developed by Berkeley as a response to some fraudulent activity regarding SETI results. (Was I so off the mark with my previous comments about SETI)?

Naturally, having racked up a further 60,000+ points with UD on WCG, I wasn't entirely happy finding myself (yet again) returning to square one, and with software, that to my non-technical mind, is as far removed from simplicity as a Model T is to a Veyron. I have, however, persevered and am now crunching data for not only WCG, but also for
I may add one or two more projects, but presently I'm happy with what I've got, and in any case I need to see how the PC copes with those already running.

Hosting Services by ipHouse