Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 614 made on Monday June 18, 2007 at 21:10
Audible Solutions
March 2004
I have largely stayed out of this thread because, though I believe global warming is real I have not kept abreast of the facts sufficiently to make a reasoned and reasonable argument. Yet even the main source in Ed's article, Anthony Watt, cautions against taking the leap Ed infers. One of the problems with Science is that it relies on consensus and majorities have been known to be wrong. The Tobacco industry could find some "scientist" to buttress their claim that tobacco was harmless and yet one can find more than a few instances when the lone dissenting voice was in the end the correct voice. I am apt to side with the the scientific consensus, only don't ask me to support this inclination with any evidence in this case. I cannot so I do not dare make an argument. I have beliefs but since they are largely unsupported by any evidence I don't bother to bother to portray my beliefs as anything other than gut instinct colored by ignorance.

Alan
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse