Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday March 11, 2005 at 09:07
BPM
Long Time Member
August 2004
On 03/05/05 18:06 ET, bja3460 said...
I have been working on a project to convert various
VHS recordings of personal past events to DVD's.

SNIP
I don't necessarily want to just
copy a VHS file "as is" directly to DVD but want
to be able to do some editing/adding.

I just converted my wedding video from VHS to DVD yesterday actually.

* All I did was take an s-video lead (and a couple of RCA audio leads) out of my A/V system in the living room (with the amp switched to the S-VHS player of course), and plugged the other end into my video card's A/V input.

* Then I used the program that came with my video card, "ASUS Digital VCR" to record the incomming signal to an MPG file.

* Then I used "Video ReDo" to edit the file into the parts I wanted on each DVD.

* Then I used Nero Vision to add menu's etc and create the disc images for each DVD.

* Then I burnt the images to DVD using Nero.

There may be other options out there that will give you a better quality output, but since this was my first attempt at it, I just wanted to make it work. I didn't really care how it worked, as long as I could tell my wife at the end of the process, that there was a few backups of the wedding video spread around the place on DVD, she's happy, so I'm happy ;-)

Cheers,

Ben
Home Theater Master MX-800 + MRF-200 > Teac DV-B800 > Panasonic TX-76PW300A > Denon AVR-2802 > Strong SRT-5200 > Schneider 3205 > vLink PDV-104DX

Hosting Services by ipHouse