The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Friday April 13, 2007 at 20:42
stereoguy823
Advanced Member
February 2005
I used to believe all the global warming crap until I watched 'The Great Global Warming Swindle' or whatever it was called on CH4 the other day. Like we give up 20bn tons of output (total human) compared to 5000bn tons of natures output - per day.

I used to think that you guys driving 8mpg SUV's were blind to the fact that you were raping the planet. Of course, using fuel eneficiently (wrong spelling - I'm pi$$ed) is wasteful - but not harmful in the sense of global warming, it is not as major a contribution to global warming as the peat bogs thawing. Of course, keeping the 3rd world poor would be good for the Western economy, but what about the rest of us?

I just wish that the powers that be could look beyond the money-making opportunity to see that we will eventually run out of fuel one day. The industry created out of this 'research' into global warming is really starting to wear on me. Esp since it is being paid for out of our taxes vs reseach into cancer or other illnesses or new power sources or developing our world into the future it desreves.

This carbon footprint stuff is a load of nonsense and one day we will see this. But until then, we'll all be seen as blinkered fools, set on destroying our planet. Just look at the practice of 'bleeding' patients in the 1800's (I'm no history expert) to rid them of disease. We look back at that now as a joke.

Until then, I'm keeping my foot down on my 2.5 VW.
Sticking to what I'm good at.

Hosting Services by ipHouse