The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday October 22, 2006 at 20:09
djy
RC Moderator
August 2001
If T.I.T.S. at 1900 was smokey’s Veyron addition (yes I know it hasn’t got a 10 ton, cast iron, 5000 cubic inch engine, but it’s still pretty swift) my efforts, this time round, must surely rank as the model T of dedication to the cause . . . or does it? Before you decide let me welcome you, one for all sorry, one and all, to the last version of T.I.T.S. in the 20 entry per page format.

Without further ado then, djy (in association with Stickybuns Productions ) proudly presents . . .

T.W.A.T. at 2000

Right, before we delve too deeply into the, er hum, morass of stats. (allowing smokey keep his marshal’s badge for just a little longer) please allow me a little time to explain the reason why I’m so late.

Students of this thread (degree courses soon to made available at the University of Timbuktu) which have been following it from its inception (link at the bottom of the page) will no doubt be aware that this is merely a little bit of light hearted fun; a jolly wheeze. However, the pedant in me has long been concerned at the rather crude manner in which I collected the data; more holes in it than a colander, or so I thought. Anyhow, when Daniel announced his revamp of the forums I decided it too was time for a long due overhaul of my T.W.A.T. spreadsheet.

Initially basing it on the new 15 posts per page layout, I invested the princely sum of $29.00 in a very helpful little app. and was well on the way to collecting all the necessary details when life, as it is wont to do, suddenly decided to throw a few banana skins my way. I’ll not bore you with the details, other than to say that as a result my enthusiasm for the project waned, and though not forgotten it was, for a time, placed firmly on the back burner.

Christmas came and went, as did the 2000 page barrier, and there was still no sign of the new forum layout. (Daniel, perhaps rightly so, was also being very tight lipped out about a prospective eta). Reinvigorated after the holiday break, along with other circumstances brightening (I’d gotten over those bouts of whatever) I decided to take a chance and abandon (for now) the 15 posts per page layout and restart on this, my final 20 post per page effort. So, for the past month and a half I’ve been furiously beavering away (that’s working hard chaps) rebuilding, recreating (annoying the wife to work out some formulas) my spreadsheet; an indication of which being that it’s now mushroomed from a mere 24 to 104MB.

Okay, I appreciate the Excel gurus amongst us would likely say, “Aw, piffle, that’s nothing.” (or, perhaps, words to that effect). Personally though, given my limited experience, I think of it as a work of art. Furthermore, I can now, unlike previously, also truthfully claim (with the invaluable help of a certain “Big Cheese”) that it is now 100% accurate. In addition, it has aided me in the discovery of my misspelling of no fewer than 14 members names, and also in finding one extra member that I didn’t realise we had; well if in a hurry would you have spotted the difference between Theareinstaller and TheaterInstaller? Anyway, enough of my waffling. Getting down to brass tacks (or maybe even Monster Nails), on with the show.

Sorry smokey, but the time has come to finally relinquish your badge. I’m afraid the Twatter Of The Century Award returns to it’s rightful place, namely . . . me. But you can still be my deputy, if you want?

Sadly there’s been another decline in the number of new posters; only 5 this time. Nonetheless, with a wonderful contribution of 181 posts, placing him second only to Mr Griffiths, the Newbie Of The Century Award goes to Mr Mod, thus officially making it Remote Central’s answer to The Mister Men.

Mr Griffiths 231
Mr Mod 181
PooBah888 111
goodnf 102
edmund 101
Damik 93
ckemp29 93
BiGBeaR 85
kabster 73
Johnla 71

N.B. The more astute of you will have notice that I’ve dropped the freddyfreeload/FreddyFreeloader combination. One of the drawbacks, in fact the only drawback, in using my new methodology is that I presently have to deal with him/her/it (delete as one sees fit) as two separate entities. The wife has indicated that she may be able to work around this (she is undoubtedly the Excel queen of this household - hmm . . . perhaps not the most apt choice of words) but until then its bye, bye to the freeloaders.

And so to the final and sometimes controversial accolade of the “Dick Fosbury – I can leap higher than you award.”

With his contribution of further 34 posts, it would have been more had it not been for the $£^$%@~# offensive language filter, I would dearly have loved to have given it to 39 Cent Stamp for his wonderful leap of 46 places. Unfortunately though statistics have once again ruled the waves and with a staggering leap of 68 places, making it another record (if this carries on I may have to introduce random drug testing . . . only 10 mugs of coffee a day allowed), this century’s prize goes to bluerhythmav.

bluerhythymav 68
cpchillin 63
smokinghot 58
RC Geek 56
Oz AVI 50
smokinghot 43
martin 41
Ahl 39
JoeyCes 36
NineBallMan 35

As always, enjoy.

David

Link to original thread.

Last edited by djy on February 22, 2009 11:17.

Hosting Services by ipHouse