Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Tuesday June 24, 2008 at 17:21
smokinghot
August 2006
On June 24, 2008 at 15:32, djy said...
Perhaps it's just me, but I feel that Slash and Gore doesn't
necessarily make for good horror.

Completely agree... Extremely good horror flim was Candy Man. Where you never saw him killing anyone but could to clearly hear his bloody hook disembowel his victims.

Now that's not to say I don't enjoy the odd blood letting;

I'm a sucker for the Friday the 13th flims. Although my fav killing in that series had no gore what so ever. Jason (killer) grabs a sleeping bag that a young female camper had just hidden in, and proceeds to wack it against a tree several times....really funny.

the Blade trilogy, the much derided
Underworld films and latterly Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd,
being just a few that spring to mind.

Wow... that's diverse. Well, the last compared to the first two that is. Personally, it was everything I could do to make it through Sweeny Todd.

Now Shaun
Of The Dead is a different matter, but this is comedy
horror (or rom-zom-com as it liked to dub itself). Others
in this genre that I've enjoyed are Arsenic And Old Lace
and The Evil Dead, though I'm not sure that latter was
meant to be such - I just found it so over the top I couldn't
help but laugh.

Shaun of the Dead is my all time favourite horror comedy...hands down. A close second...(as far as zombie movies are concerned) would be Undead The original Evil Dead I believe was meant to be a true Horror flim, but like you said just had pretty funny scences. The sequels I think focus more so on the funny side of things they hit opon when making the first flim. I always wonder if the same people were responsible for making the Army of Darkness flim. Which used the same concept and of course the same main character.
....Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hosting Services by ipHouse