Original thread:
Post 47 made on Saturday June 28, 2008 at 05:06
djy
RC Moderator
August 2001
An SOP for a pair of steps . . .

1). Open up.

2). Lock into position.

3). Place on even, level, non-slip surface.

Simple, isn't it?

[Link: news.bbc.co.uk]

Obviously not someone engendered with enough intelligence to use a Jet-Rack.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being only too aware of how vulnerable I am on a bike, I would consider my riding style to be somewhat defensive, and with that in mind I believe my compliance with the highway code to be quite high; circa 95% or even higher. That said though, when traffic is lighter (late evening - 23:00), I'm not adverse to taking the odd liberty.

For example, I'm not about to wait at a red light when there's absolutely no other traffic around. And whilst being generally critical of those who ride on pavements, there is a 5 - 10 yard stretch I now find myself using on a fairly regular basis, primarily because the lights are now set in such a way they will no longer change for a cyclist. Again though, I'll not use it if there is potential for injury.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a day when we have republicans (of the UK variety) whinging about the cost of the Royal Family . . .

. . . our incompetent buffoon of a Prime Minister, (at a cost of a mere 2,500 royal families) has come up with this crack pot scheme . . .

And that's not all . . .

On a lighter note, how about a game of football . . .

And finally, to coincide with the release of the latest X-Files movie . . .

[Link: bbc.co.uk]

Hosting Services by ipHouse