Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Monday September 8, 2008 at 21:49
smokinghot
August 2006
The joke that was Dalton McGuinty politics completely turned me off voting. Go ahead and say that it's my responisibility to vote, and I shouldn't complain if I don't.

Although I do agree that voting is a extremely improtant concept. Truth be told (which is funny to say considering the topic) is does you no good, and that was proven during McGuinty's reign. How someone can break over 50 documented campagine promises and not legally be held responisible is beyond me.

I did my best to find a link and couldn't, but I will still pass on the little known fact that a civil suit was raised against McGuinty and his blatant disregard for the promises he made to get his party elected. It was nipped in the bud before I believe it got to the supreme court. Where in the judge presiding dismissed the suit claiming that any competent and eligible voter should know better than to believe any promise made by a politician trying to run for office. And therefore it is not the responsibility of the politician to tell the truth, but the responsibility of the voter to see throw the lies used to sway their decision.

I voted during that election year, and haven't since. What's the point...? The only thing that catches my attention during elections now are what new crackerpot group will run for office. I miss the guys bouncing around on their mattresses thinking they could fly....lol... What was the name of that party?
....Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hosting Services by ipHouse