Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 86 made on Saturday November 8, 2008 at 00:51
davidcasemore
January 2003
On November 7, 2008 at 18:41, diesel said...
You know, there are things in this world that exist but
can not be proven to exist. Love, hate, etc., sometimes
you just know they exist.

The Tooth Fairy?
Santa?
Unicorns?
Smart Republicans?

I'm guessing many of the people that
fit into this category think the ACLU is a wonderful organization.

It IS a wonderful organization. One that I'm a member of. You should be grateful for the wonderful work that they do (unless you hate civil liberties and the first amendment).

There's 100 people in a park, 99 are enjoying a Christmas
scene and one finds it goes against their beliefs, one
call to the ACLU and 99 people lose something they believe
in.

That's what civil liberties are for. They stick up for the minority. If the park is public property and maintained with taxpayer dollars then it is no place to be setting up religious displays. The supreme court has said it's okay to set up santa and his gay little helpers because they're not religious. But there's no way I should have to financially support, and be forced to look at, some goddam disgusting display of some baby who's supposed to be middle-eastern but looks Aryan, the kid's mom (who is a slut and a lair - "I'm not pregnant Joseph, I swear I'm still a virgin"), his clueless "dad", and some wise men carrying some...I don't know what (frankincense? it's probably hashish).

In the last month, almost every bit of discussion of religion
was started by an atheist. My suggestion is if it bothers
you so much, stop f'ing talking about it and mind your
own business.

I WILL mind my own business. But not until religious people either 1.) Get "raptured" the hell out of here, or 2.) Focus on their own damn families.
Fins: Still Slamming' His Trunk on pilgrim's Small Weenie - One Trunk at a Time!

Hosting Services by ipHouse