Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 39 made on Wednesday November 5, 2008 at 23:08
GLS
October 2005
It IS interesting how far this thread has gotten from the original question.

Stanley says,
"The other equally interesting thing to me, is how devout and for the lack of a better term -- how some religions, take on the form of Mind Control, where followers seem to shut down certain behavioral and reasoning faculties, in the name of "believing".
Snake handling, terrorism, commit suicide (Jim Jones and that other group a few years ago) drinking poison, killing those who they deem the bad guys, talking in tongues, and giving money to these southern ministers with the big-hair, and creating "holy lands" or territories. "

Would SOMEONE explain to me your fascination with snake-handling?!!! What does talking in tongues have to do with any of this? Have you EVER HEARD someone talk in tongues Stanley? You mention Jim Jones, but does anyone mention that comet cult that committed suicide so they could catch the comet to their home planet, paradise, whatever? And the difference in giving money to big haired preachers and slimy politicians is what?

Is it totally strange that God would hold you accountable for your actions?

Stanley says,
"I know it is cliche' as heck, but it's sort of like we all have to have SOMETHING to believe in, as a crutch or means of adding sense to our lives, and when you boil down the majority of the religions out there, they all pretty much (for the most part) are structured to encourage doing the right thing, moderation, decency, control of greed, thankfulness, humility, and all that junk.'

Galatians 5:22-"But the fruit of the Spirit is love,joy,peace,patience,kindness,goodness faithfulness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." I think people have gotten hung up on the outward trapping of Christianity and missed the spirit. If a politician professed these qualities Stanley, would it freak you out so much? Are these bad things? I think you hit some of them in your own post.
www.GordonsLight.com
"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Hosting Services by ipHouse