Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday November 5, 2008 at 14:22
GLS
October 2005
Believe it or not, that is a really good question, and a deeper one than you realize. That is a question that gets asked a lot, I have no idea how many books have been written on the subject, and I will honestly be willing to talk about it.

Fact of the matter is, God is not a slot-machine, He is not manipulated by us though we may think we can, and His plan for life and the world is beyond our comprehension. "My thoughts are not your thoughts" He says in scripture. So while many people were praying, the Lord does as He sees fit, because He sees outside of time,He sees the bigger picture. Did Obama win because God endorses him, or is Obama the punishment we get for not doing what we should? I don't know. I doubt either, actually. You are forgetting freewill. God allows us to act rightly or wrongly, and He wants us to choose the right without being forced or rewarded like trained dogs. Whatever happens from this point on will be the result of that freewill. I can pray for an outcome of anything, but sometimes the answer is "no" or "not now" or
"keeping praying" or "trust Me." God's plans are bigger than mine or yours, and He will accomplish those plans no matter what. I know however that His plans are are not designed to hurt me, but to prosper and grow me because He loves me, and ultimately will welcome me home to be with Him for eternity.

I have more to say, but a customer called, I have to go. Hold that thought.
www.GordonsLight.com
"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Hosting Services by ipHouse