Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday November 5, 2008 at 14:02
davidcasemore
January 2003
I am an atheist and I don't really understand christian doctrine very well. I was hoping for a clarification from any christians here regarding the election results.

Governor Sarah Palin said that she was "praying" for a victory in the election. I have also heard comments attributed to her regarding "gods will" on topics such as our invasion of Iraq. I think most people are aware of her stance on abortion, gay marriage, stem cell research, and a host of other social issues.

I also believe most people would agree that Senator Barack Obama holds views that could best be described as "opposite" of Governor Palins. In addition, I thoroughly believe (rumors of his being a muslim notwithstanding) that Barack Obama worships the same god as Sarah Palin does.

So my question is this; If Barack Obama's and Sarah Palin's god exists, and she prayed to him for a victory but lost to Barack Obama, does it stand to reason that this god takes the view on these social issues that more closely reflect the views of Barack Obama?

And if that is indeed the case, should governor Palin change her views on these issues to align herself with the god that she so obviously has misunderstood? Should she denounce this god? Pray louder next time? Denounce the platform of the republican party? Become a democrat?

Should all christians become democrats? Is it part of god's plan to redistribute the wealth? Is this god against offshore drilling, too?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to explain exactly how christianity works in a case like this one.
Fins: Still Slamming' His Trunk on pilgrim's Small Weenie - One Trunk at a Time!

Hosting Services by ipHouse