The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday March 5, 2005 at 18:06
bja3460
Lurking Member
March 2005
I have been working on a project to convert various VHS recordings of personal past events to DVD's. The software I am using was a gift but I have had nothing but problems and yet to be successful in completing a conversion. The software I am using was a Dazzle product (Digital Video Creator 100) to capture and convert the VHS recording. Once converted, the program uses DVDComplete for adding chapters, etc and then building the DVD and burning it. It seems that I am down to the final steps after converting the files but am unable to get the project file to burn to a DVD. When I try to do the burn process, the screen always shows "invalid disc" and never lets me direct the path to an external burn drive I purchased to allow for DVD-R discs.

Anyone have experience with this software? Dazzle had been purchased by Pinnacle a while back and has discontinued any technical support other than online support which has been totally worthless. I tried working with this software a while back but didn't seem to have the right computer system so I put it away. Now I have upgraded my system but still can't seem to get the process to work.

I am at the point of dumping this software and trying something else. One aspect I liked about is was being able to create and input title pages through a story board setting, adding various special effect options for transitioning the title pages, etc. I don't necessarily want to just copy a VHS file "as is" directly to DVD but want to be able to do some editing/adding.

Thanks in advance for any input or feedback from you experts on this site.

Hosting Services by ipHouse