The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Friday January 30, 2009 at 06:44
djy
RC Moderator
August 2001
On January 30, 2009 at 03:48, Daniel Tonks said...
So TWAT has gone up 8.72%, Insignia has gone up 11.16%.
I think Insignia is going to continue to win.

As you are aware, given the counting anomaly I found, I am a little sceptical of the thread view figure totals. However, that said, I think the percentage difference between TWAT and Insignia might be worse than that indicated.

I've done a little more research on the counting anomaly and I believe I've found that it only affects those members who've previously posted in (whatever) forum thread. For example, if edmund (last posted in Insignia 11 months ago) were to refrain from visiting the Insignia thread for a month or two, then return, the resulting visit would initially generate two views per page; i.e. go through the 13 pages and the result would be 26 views rather than 13 (n.b. subsequent visits would only generate one view). A new (non posting) visitor, on the other hand, would only ever generate one view per page.

Now in contrast to the above, I have to own up to the fact that in recent weeks I've once again gone through the whole of TWAT - so straight away that's 2000+ views above the norm. If we then double that total, which I'm fairly confident would have been the case, I believe that that alone can account for the best part of 1% of that 8.72%; i.e. I think a figure of 7.8-9% increase would be a little closer to the truth (though what truth is open to question).

In conclusion, given what I've now found, I believe the Insignia viewing figures are likely to be fairly accurate (most visitors to the thread being new and just looking for codes) whereas with TWAT, who knows? One thing for certain, however, is that TWAT is the most subscribed thread, in both posts and posters. For that, three cheers to JP!

Last edited by djy on January 30, 2009 07:15.

Hosting Services by ipHouse