Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 44 made on Thursday February 5, 2009 at 00:41
smokinghot
August 2006
On February 4, 2009 at 22:25, mcn779 said...
I am every bit as open minded as you but I don't accept
the B.S. from science just because they - like you - can't
handle something that they can not understand by empirical
evaluation and come up with an insipid theory to keep
them in their comfort zone.

Bullshit... Who's says I can't handle the concept of god. Fact is... I see no proof of god. Hell... I don't even need to see proof of "god", how about just something else that lends to possibility. Give me one hard thing, word for word, that was written in the bible that has come to fruition. No twisting or interpretation...word for word. I want place, time, and what happened.

I don't need science to coddle me. I don't need to be babysat by some higher power so I don't quiver in bed wondering what it's all about. I believe in what suits my world the best. I have no use for a higher power, so I'm not bound by all the things that come with such a belief system. I don't care how the world and/or life happened...that knowledge doesn't change my life in the slightest. If science has it wrong...cool...whatever. It's never been claimed as an obsolute, only a strong possibility. Whereas the religious side of the arguement has no flexibility...this is the way it happened. Somehow, I think my take on it is a little more open minded. However, you can believe whatever you like. That's the beauty of being on my side of the fence...we simply don't care. If you need to believe in something to make it through the day,...good for you, but don't claim those without your beliefs are the close minded ones. You're the one that's steadfast...not me.

As far as the positive have come no where close to the
negatives. Lets list is just this century the governments
that did away with religion and than we can compare Russia
between 25 and 60 million killed, Nazi Germany another
6, Cambodia another 3, China another 40 million, the Japanese
in the Rape of Nanking 400,000 in one city up to 6 million
total thats a total of minimum 80 millions people killed.
So please don't try to make out that religion is evil.

So you're saying those deaths wouldn't have happened if the government was run by a priest...? ...I don't get it..? A desire to run their governments without religion clouding judgement, didn't cause those deaths, but a difference in religious beliefs did.

I don't ever recall saying that religion is evil. However I will say, those with differing religious beliefs have certainly, and factually, done more harm to each other than good.

Last edited by smokinghot on February 5, 2009 01:03.
....Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hosting Services by ipHouse