Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 41 made on Wednesday February 4, 2009 at 21:55
smokinghot
August 2006
On February 4, 2009 at 09:56, mcn779 said...
You buy into one if not the the most ridiculous claims
science has ever made because that is easier to accept
for you than God. But I'm not open minded.

Yes it's easier to accept. It's easier, because science has a track record of making claims and then proving them. Religion has none without conjecture, or personal interpretation of what's been written in a book a guy dreamed up. Correlating real world events of any time to the bible is parallel to a day time show psychic spitting out general statements, fishing for the sucker to make the connection for them.

Religion has proven nothing other than if you have a difference in opinion you could be killed, or tortured, or at the minimum are going to burn in hell. The positives of religious belief have come no where close to the negatives. For the record...I think faith is an incredible thing. However man's faith should be focused on themselves and other's around them. Not some mythological heavenly spirit that will save them if they follow the guidence of the door stop called the bible.

So again yes... My "faith" in the scientific theory of the Big Bang is easier. I'm extremely open minded. To the point where I'm not blinded by misguided faith, and can see the big picture. I can take in all the info, all the possibilities, and come to an educated opinion. Yours is clouded by your up bringing, and/or your need to have something in your life to hold on to. Something greater than yourself, telling you what to believe, how to act, and threatening discipline at every choice you have to make if it veers from what the "good" book tells you.

Please don't tell me I don't have an open mind until you've deprogrammed yourself and can look at the big picture without threat of eternal hellfire.
....Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hosting Services by ipHouse