Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday March 5, 2008 at 16:02
smokinghot
August 2006
I'm surprised everyone is knocking Toshiba so heavily on this. Makes good business sense to me. Although yes, HDM may be the lastest and greatest. If you can't have your share of the new pie, why not get a bigger piece of the old one, (which is much much larger). If studio support killed HD-DVD then they won't have the same issue this time around will they?

It's been said since day one of the release of Toshiba's HD-DVD players, that they make outstanding SD upscales as well. Why not attack the exsiting market with the technology they already have in place. The statement of it not being distinguishable from HDM is simply marketing. Joe Sixpack won't be able to tell the difference on their Visio anyway.

Only the educated on the topic will know that they are trying to pull the wool over people's eyes. I look at this as no diffferently than any other marketing strategy done by any other company trying to make a buck. They've all done it at one time or another.
....Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hosting Services by ipHouse