The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 44 made on Sunday February 2, 2003 at 11:51
Flambore
Long Time Member
January 2003
Not sure if anyone is interested, but since we're on the topic, I bought the Special Edition (Five Star Collection) trilogy on DVD from this place: [Link: clik.to] The quality is pretty good. They're definitely Video Disc transfers. They're somehow encoded in 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS, although the laser disc isn't. The audio quality is definitely satisfactory, and the video and audio quality far surpasses VHS, which is what I was interested in. More importantly, they have chapter jumps, which is what really makes it great.

I don't usually buy bootlegs, especially DVD, since I think the DVD manufacturers do a great job at packing a lot of quality features in to their DVDs. So, Sorry George. When you release the original trilogy on DVD, I will be first in line (in fact, if you pull the crap that they did with the Lord of the Rings, I'll buy the set, then I'll buy the multi-disc set, and the set with the freakin' bookends!) Until then, I'll watch these boots, which are better quality than the VHS.

Just in case anyone's wondering, they're in Singapore, and it takes between 2 and 3 weeks to get the DVDs, they shipped almost immediately. My brother also bought this trilogy, along with the Indiana Jones trilogy. That trilogy isn't as good as the Star Wars trilogy, but not too bad (still better than VHS). He also bought 8 Mile, which was a HORRIBLE recording- I think it was a camcorder bootleg or something. At this place, every disc is $10, so the Star Wars and Indiana Jones Trilogies were $30 +Shipping (I think like $35 or something like that). You also get a DVD keep case insert (not the case).

Hosting Services by ipHouse