The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 38 made on Wednesday January 21, 2009 at 21:56
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
While calling harmony is a valid avenue of support IMO it counters the spirit of forums. Im not complaining about the guys who post "call harmony" just pointing out why i prefer forum support.....

I don't disagree, I spent a lot of time on here and that is for a good reason. My point is that sometimes "call tech" can be the right answer (plus I am guessing if someone has many posts on he Harmoney forum that it is not the only thing he posts. Many years ago Philips released a bad batch of Prontos, when ever someone saw a post regarding that issue (it was years ago, and I can't remeber the issue) the answer was "call tech and give them the serial number." Some years ago the creators of Harmony added a patch to their site where you could add Pronto HEX codes to the DB, eventually it was taken off (I am guessing it was causing too many issues) they still have the ability to add HEX codes manually in the back end, but users can't. So if someone asks " I found a Pronto file with the HEX codes I need how do a teach them to my Harmony?" the right answer would be "call tech support".

Last edited by Anthony on January 24, 2009 09:49.

Hosting Services by ipHouse