The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday January 19, 2009 at 19:18
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
in real life a high post count is good, it means you are actively participating in a forum. The issue is that over time with post count = good some people decided they wanted to be "good" and the post whores came about. you know, a +1 everywhere, a bump.... The issue is that back in the day if someone posted BS or garbage they would just get shunned or attacked by other members and so would go away (no place for useless garbage that no one is interested in) but now on most forums you have to "play nice" so in a lot of them many people with many posts never really add much (but just try to increase their post count). On this forum I think , for the most part, everything is still in balance. But I think for a few, especially people with low post count that mostly live on other forums, they bring that same attitude here.

There is also the flip side the "this guy posts a lot, he must not have a life outside the forum" attitude to guys with high post count. But I attribute it more to jealousy because all it means is that those people don't know how to manage their time.

Hosting Services by ipHouse