The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Wednesday August 30, 2000 at 15:35
MikeC
Historic Forum Post
Greg

The range seemed to be about the same between the two. What worked without an extender for the IIIe also worked for the m100 and what didn't work for the IIIe didn't work for the m100. The range I would like to use it from is about 10 feet through smoked glass. My Sony cassette deck works but the CD100 didn't and nor did the Hitachi big-screen TV (no smoked glass). Pointing is important with either PDA.

I have a Smarthome Remote Extender which I used on both the IIIe and m100. This device does seem to work better on the m100 but probably for mechanical reasons. With the IIIe I had to invent a spacer so that the IR receiver in the transmitter lined up with the emitter on the IIIe. This kind of made the rf transmitter a bit floppy and I really didn't like the feel. The m100 lines things up better but the IR emitter is on the left and the rf transmitter overhangs the edge of the PDA. It's usable.

The screen is a pain and it has noticable dark lines on it that are not part of remote layout. I'll probably be taking it back but I don't know what to replace it with yet.

Mike

Hosting Services by ipHouse