Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday December 27, 2000 at 11:53
David B.
Historic Forum Post
I just got my wife a Visor for Christmas, and the Alkaline batteries that came with it have nearly expired after just 4 days. Of course we've been playing with it almost constantly, showing it off to family and friends.

I went to Radio Shack today to get rechargeables. I've had a GREAT universal battery charger for awhile, (an INNOVATIONS Battery Manager ULTRA), so I was looking for any battery technology with a good life and long lasting power output. They sell 2-pack AAA NMH batterys for $9.99. These are rated at 1.2 volts, 600mAh. Ni-Cads are cheaper, but rated 1.2 volts, 300mAh. In theory, and NMH battery should last twice as long as a Ni-cad.

My Radio Shack has had a hard time selling rechargeable Alkalines, so they were cheap. I got a four-pack for $6.49. They will try to sell you a $30 to $40 alkaline recharger, since alkalines aren't supposed to be charged the same as ni-cads or NMH.

I STRONGLY recommend everyone get the INNOVATIONS Battery Manager. It has digital progress read-outs for each of four batteries it can charge at one time. It states very clearly in the manual that it will safely recharge:

Zinc Chloride
Conventional Alkaline
Nickel Cadmium
Alkaline rechargeable
Cadmium and mercury-free versions of any of the above.
and Nickel Metal Hydride

I have one and LOVE IT! And NO, I don't work for or own any stock in Innovations.

David B.

Hosting Services by ipHouse