Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Friday February 23, 2001 at 17:02
Al
Historic Forum Post
Alright, finally some action here. ORdesktop didn't screw me, they are, however, making flase claims. Sorry to those that already wasted their money. What's up with these guys, I sent at least 5 e-mails asking for help over the last 3 weeks and I've had no response. Buyer beware, stay away from ORdesktop. In my opinion they are full of false claims and don't care about anything other than getting your money. What other conclusion could one draw?

Okay, no more complainig. Back to work. Yes, Scott is saying you can use the "P" on the RS or "Magic" on the OFA/Cinema to send advanced codes. Go to the site he quoted for all the info. I did the same with a Cinema7, I used the "magic" button followed by the three digit avanced codes to teach the sony descretes for Video1/2/3 and for PowerON and powerOff to my PalmOmniremote and my RCU810. You need to do this once you've found a device code that works with your TV (or whatever). It doesn't have to control more that one or two function but must at least control one. This means it is using the correcy IR format for your device (learn more about this at the site quoted by Scott). E-mail me if you want me to e-mail you my onmiremote.pdb with the learned descretes for Sony. Keep in mind descrete/advanced codes are not gauranteed to work with ALL models of Sony TV's or any other respective Brands/Models.

If anyone has or can learn the code for Harman Kardon AVR80 "direct 6" button in omniremote.pdb please send it to me ...and keep your $20 the h*ll away from ORdesktop (oops, sorry I said no more complaining about the thieves at ORdesktop, oops I did it again... you guys that have already been burned should do more complaining here, maybe they'll perk up and help us).

Hosting Services by ipHouse