Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday March 7, 2001 at 14:27
James Kelly
Historic Forum Post
Wo! Thanks for the info Andy. An oversite like that is hard to believe. Any idea if the OrDesktop software fixes this, or allows for the successful programming of a basic screen jump in a macro?

FVI on the issue of using a PDA as a remote:
One of the main reasons I am trying this PDA-Remote arrangement is for the ability to completely control the programming outcome. The world of consumer electronics (AV products) is full of user-unfriendly characteristics. I am so frustrated with all the remotes out there that 'handcuff' you in terms of programming.
I have tried and have had mixed results with Pronto (takes way too long to program - and you need a PC, and I have never thus far figured out how to program a macro), HK Take Control (programming not too bad but lots of problems, again needs a PC and now discontinued), the new Home Theater Master MX-1000 (what a disappointment, you can't change the labels on the home screen! and the most needlessly cumbersome programming attributes ever).
It is not too much to ask for a simple remote that is FULLY programmable (no hidden shortcomings), fully relabelable, where each button can do whatever you want it to, no matter where it is located in the remote. Total control. Freedom. Maybe I need to check out the new T2 from RTI, but WO! it's expensive...
James Kelly
KAVD

Hosting Services by ipHouse