The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Sunday January 14, 2001 at 15:59
David B.
Historic Forum Post
"The rechargeable battery module might also be good."

What rechargeable battery module? I'm a little upset with Handspring for not at least designing the Platinum with the ability to recharge NiMH batteries via the cradle. A simple .shortcut setting could allow turning on and off the charging ability, as you can identify the battery type. You can apparently recharge some springboard modules via the cradle if they are in the Visor when it's parked on the cradle. It's clear there is power available on the cradle.

I don't leave it on the cradle much longer than it takes to sync, but if I knew it could be recharging while there I might. I've got a very nice battery charger, but it's a bit of a pain to be swapping batteries every week or so. I'm worried the battery cover will eventually break.

I've got a Pronto remote control, and it had an option for a rechargeable battery pack which I got. It's Sooooo nice to simply park that remote on it's base station to charge, rather than go in and out of it with batteries. Why couldn't handspring be so smart?

Oh well. ;-)

Dave

Hosting Services by ipHouse