The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Saturday January 13, 2001 at 23:32
David B.
Historic Forum Post
CSax!

Welcome to remotecentral! I've been playing with my Platinum for a bit more than a week now. Enough to need new batteries once, anyway.

My P's paint job looks pretty durable too. I'm also keeping it in the leather (that's what the tag says, anyway) slipcase. I'd rather have a flip open case that protects the top and has a removeable belt clip, but I haven't found the perfect one yet.

I agree the backlighting is good in the dark. I was initially unimpressed seeing it on my wife's Visor 2meg model. But I like it on my platinum. It DOES require it to be pretty dark to be of use, though.

The faster speed over the slower basic model is immediately obvious. Grafitti is quicker to respond. The search function is faster.

I've pretty much found answers to all my questions either by myself or with help from posts at visorcentral.com, but I know I'll think up some more questions soon.

I ordered an eyemodule just this morning. Found a $30 coupon for staples.com, and a $50 staples/eyemodule rebate form. With luck, my $150 eyemodule should end up costing $70ish. That's right about what I think it SHOULD be selling for. With the eyecontact software that lets you put eyemodule pictures in your address book, I'm hoping it's a useful module. It will certainly help me remember my student's names, anyway.

Now if we can find at least one more Platinum owner...

Dave ;-)

Hosting Services by ipHouse