Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday August 6, 2000 at 10:44
Dan K.
Historic Forum Post
Here is a post I made awhile ago concerning using the PALM as a tool to control a mega cd changer.I have added some additional information to this post.

Response by Dan K. on 10/29/99 23:52.38

The Palm Pilot works quite well in this area.
What I have done is entered the names of the disc and each track into memo files on the Pilot.
Each disc is a separate memo entry,with each track for that disc listed in that memo entry.
I also enter the number that the disc ocupies in my 200 disc changer.
Using the the find feature you can locate any track in the 200 discs by writing a few letters of the track you are looking for.
The disc and track number are listed so with one press of a hard button to change the application back to the OMNI REMOTE portion of the PILOT you can program your cd player to play the track or disc you have just located.
Another nice feature is that with a click of a button the disc titles will be listed in alphabetical order.
You also have the ability to print out the list.

What I have added to this is macros to play my favorite tunes off of each disc.
I made very small macro buttons labeled with just the number of the cd in the database.
To access your favorite songs off a particular cd you just use the find feature on the PALM or scroll thru the list of memos in the cd memo category you created see what cd number the cd has been designated to ,one click of hard button to switch back to the Omniremote program and use the macro button with the same number as the cd .
I currently have a screen with the my main cd control buttons and 50 macro buttons to play my favorite tunes off of fifty different cds.
Without the cd control buttons on the screen I could easily have 100 macro buttons on one screen.
In order to use buttons this small it is a must to have the ir extender that attaches directly to the remote mentioned in previous post.
Programing the macros goes very well using the ORDesktop program.
Dan

Hosting Services by ipHouse