Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Monday June 4, 2001 at 02:54
bschuler
Historic Forum Post
If you run a wireless lan with PCAnywhere, to a laptop you should be able to use any MP3 database program you want to select and play your song based on any criteria you want. The base pc then would playout to your sterio.

I use a base pc with the AIW Radeon's tv out. Using a program called GIRDER and an IRMAN w/Powermid Ir repeaters, I can select songs using my remote from my tv using an alphabetical listing of all songs and play them. It works amazingly well.

Since I store my Mp3's on cd's... I use a database program first to select what cd I want to use, then just put it in and walk to the living room to select from it's contents. Since cdr prices have dropped to all time lows... (about 20 cents each) I have burned and reburned my collection so all cds are full and have the whole artists collection of songs on each cd. Some cd's have 2-3 artists, some have 20. But this wouldn't work for you, because you want a more selective approach.

At this time, the first suggestion is the only alternative for you...that I know of.

Hosting Services by ipHouse