The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday April 14, 2002 at 19:27
James_T
Founding Member
April 2002
I have never used a pocket pc, but am planning to buy one now for various purposes. One of those, of course, is as a remote control. From my initial research I'll likely go the Ipaq/HP Jordana route.

What exactly do I need from there to use this as a remote? My components sit on a rack only about 3 or 4 feet to my side, so I don't need too much range. I'll get an IR extender if I need one in the future.

I was looking at "TV Remote Controller 3.0", and if this works well, it looks like the best solution given the ability to use CCFs and thus be able to program with Prontoedit. However, having no experience with Pocket PCs, I don't have the foggiest idea how I would get this onto a pocket PC (which I haven't even purchased yet). So my first dilemma would be getting that program onto the pocket PC. After that I'm curious how I could make a CCF with Prontoedit and then get that onto the pocket PC.

Again, all of this confusion stems from my lack of knowledge on pocket PCs in general. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hosting Services by ipHouse