The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Tuesday April 9, 2002 at 12:10
rosscarlson
Founding Member
February 2002
Everyone, thanks for the info. I'm gonna buy the software today, I've gotten everything working great (except the hard buttons which I'll play with today).

As for IR Range for me, I use a Xantech IR Distrubution system. I had my IR sensor in the front of the room just under my center channel (about 15 feet away). I moved it to the ceiling just above where I sit. That way I hold the iPaq so the screen is facing me (which means it is pointing at the ceiling) and it works great (since the ceiling is only about 5 feet from the sensor). And since I use an amplified system it is VERY sensitive. So far it runs all me gear perfectly!

As for the IR Extenders there are several options. There is a device on Smarthome.com ([Link: smarthome.com]) That will re-transmit IR wirelessly. I haven't used this, but would think it would work great. Also the UltraMote IR extender ([Link: ultramote.com]) is going to be supported in a future release of TV Remote Controller 3.0 (per an email I got from them) so that too may be an option.

As for wireless I am thinking about using that too so I would have Internet access from my iPaq in my theatre (but it make the unit so big). Don't know if it would be useful enough to warrent the extra size...

Hosting Services by ipHouse