The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday April 8, 2002 at 10:48
kdelgado
Founding Member
April 2002
Actually pretty close, the FAQ on the PDAWin site tells you how things are mapped (FYI, the joybutton is mapped: L/R is channel -/+, U/D is vol-/+, and button push is mute). I believe, but haven't gotten around to testing it yet, that the four hard buttons on the Pronto do correspond to the four iPaq buttons for email, contacts, etc). I don't know that the record button is mapped.

But, to answer the original poster, yes the iPaq does make a good ProntoPro substitute (color is always a plus). IR range may be a problem. For my home theater, I have no problem getting the IR to work from where I sit in the big comfy chair, which is 8 to 10 feet from the components. Some of the components are more ornery than others, and want you to point directly at them...like the Toshiba TV...others like the Motorola digital cable seem to be hypersensitive.

I haven't bought the PDAWin software yet, since I'm still in 'evaluation' mode. It's gotta do everything I need before I fork out the $$$, and I've still got some things to work on. But, dependng on your system, it should be well worth the money.

Hosting Services by ipHouse