Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Monday August 5, 2002 at 07:52
Dave Houston
RF Expert
October 2001
Andrew,

I was afraid it would not work on the 568. I'm sure EDV (or Laser if you are in the UK) will give you a credit if you return it.

It's the TV Remote Control software that is the problem here. PDAwin is working on adding support for PDA-ir on the 568 as well on other PDAs.

Unfortunately, there is little standardization in this area. As I understand it, each PDA maps the pins on the CF slot to different MCU registers. The software has to be able to recognize the PDA and know the mapping scheme. And not all of the CF pins are mapped through on PCMCIA-CF adapters so a native CF slot is required.

Even the various iPAQ models differ in this regard. The first release of TV Remote that supported PDA-ir would not work on the 37xx series. PDAwin was able to fix this quickly but the documentation is much better for the iPAQs than for some other PDAs.

We also are eager to see software that supports the Audiovox Maestro, Toshiba e740 and other PPC2002 platforms.

There is someone looking into supporting PDA-ir on the Sharp Zaurus, HandEra 330, and any Visor with a Springport-to-CF adapter.

Hosting Services by ipHouse