Dave Houston
RF Expert
October 2001
On 05/23/03 13:05, star50fiveoh said...

stop defnding him and let him sink or swim on
his own. the longer you keep posting in his stead,
the more "@!~^%&$# stress" you'll continue to
have to put up with.

I think you have very badly misinterpreted what I had to say.

Dane's day job keeps him busy with far larger issues than anything connected with EDV and brings in income that is many orders of magnitude greater than EDV is ever likely to generate. He also has 4 kids that range from 2-15. All but the two year old are involved in soccer, basketball, etc. and his weekends are divided between attending their activities and dealing with the small EDV product line. He also has to find time to deal with a totally disabled family member (me). EDV is likely to always remain a tiny part time business that responds to a very small market niche. You cannot manufacture free time out of thin air so the communication is not likely to improve substantially.

I've recommended discontinuing PDA-ir as it is far more trouble than it's worth. I'm sure Dane's wife feels the same. The circuit board supplier just doubled their price with no warning. Had I not been able to negotiate a reduction, it would have been the death knell for PDA-ir.

a small business runs on word-of-mouth, and i've
seen similar complaints on other Axim sites about
lack of communication from EDV. it doesn't help
his web-rep.

I'm not familiar with many Axim sites so I can't respond to your claim but I've fielded less than ten delivery complaints between here and email from EDV customers over the year the product has been available.

i'm not intending this to be a flame war, but
you continue to post replies that dane should
be responding to.

I'm sorry but it comes across as a flame. Dane is out of town more than he's in town and frequently cannot access his email until he returns. I merely try to answer technical questions and provide what factual information I can about why shipments were recently behind to the few people who post complaints here. If you don't want my posts, the alternative is to remain in the dark.

Hosting Services by ipHouse