The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday September 1, 2003 at 14:13
danimal3
Long Time Member
August 2003
The reason I suggested Daniel review the Ipaq 3950 is that he already has done a review of one with the Nevo software.
I thought that if he was allowed to keep the 3950 he could review it with the PDAWIN software.
As for the cost of the pda,everytime I purchase a program I don't include the price of the pda into the cost of the new program.
Example:I purchase a game for $20,to your way of thinking that game cost the $20 plus the cost of the pda.
I know the old argument that if you use your pda as a remote control you no longer can use it as a pda.
Thats not true.
How many households do your think there are where more then one member of the household owns a pda.
The correct answer is ALOT.
In that case you could have a household with several remotes in it equal to a Pronto Pro.
As for Daniels review of the 3950,I think the fact that he dwelled on the blanket test for several paragraphs,and as a one sentence side note,mentioned that the range is 25 feet,and SHOULD work fine under normal conditions,ridiculous.
The fact that he used the word should tells me he did not test the remote under normal conditions,just with fluffy blankets over it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse