Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 146 made on Wednesday July 12, 2000 at 22:49
Dan K.
Historic Forum Post
Why is a sixty dollar product constantly being compared to a three hundred dollar product.The Omniremote software cost twenty dollars.This in it self will not do the job into making the Palm a worth while remote control.You have to go with some type of ir booster or extender to make the Palm work as a remote properly.I prefer the ir repeater that attaches directly to the Palm because it gives me whole house control of my electronic equipment(no line of sight or aiming of the remote required).This will run you an additional forty to sixty dollars depending have good a shopper you are.
When a better remote comes along for sixty dollars or less you still have a Pilot to do the hundreds of other things that it is capable of doing.What are you going to do with any other remote when something better comes along.I have put at least six remotes out to pasture.
It really does not bother me that people think the Pronto is a better remote control,it probably is if you can master Pronto Edit.What bothers me is that Daniel refuses to acknowledge that is better then any remote control on the market under $200.Remember whole house control without aiming for an additional $40 for a total of $60 for the remote control portion of the Palm.Any other short comings of the Palm as remote that you see Daniel please fill us all in ,and please be specific.

Hosting Services by ipHouse