Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 144 made on Wednesday July 12, 2000 at 02:31
MikeC
Historic Forum Post
I've been researching universal remotes since receiving the Pronto as a gift last week. This excellent thread tells me that a Palm may be a better solution. As I don't have a Palm I have a few questions though. When I pick up the Pronto and touch the screen it turns on instantly. Can this be made to happen with a Palm and OR? With the Pronto the backlight comes on instantly with the touch of a button. Also the Pronto can be controlled to turn the backlight on automatically when you touch the screen. Can the Palm do this instantly or do you have to press the power on button for a few seconds to get the backlight on? I've read that you can use your finger on the touch screen of a Palm but it seems from other sources that a pick may be necessary. Does the palm really respond well to finger touches?

I was checking out if it is possible to use a Windows CE hand held as a UR. The following link is useful (but maybe out of date) in comparing the Windows CE to the Palm OS. It seems that CE forces greater battery drain and less effective memory. [Link: edecap.com]

I downloaded the trial version of ORDesktop to see how easy it is to use. It is very good at getting started with a new remote. Excellent job PeterS

Mike.

Hosting Services by ipHouse