Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 142 made on Thursday July 6, 2000 at 23:17
Dwayne Shmel
Historic Forum Post
I have a Visor Deluxe w/ the Springboard module - It works great. The range is better than most of the dedicated remotes that I have. I love the ability to customize the button size and labels. Sure, it is probably not as "good" as the Pronto as a pure remote - but the Pronto can't read e-mail, hold address files, track to-do's, play games, display calendars, maps, shopping lists, etc. For about the same price as a Pronto, you get a very good remote plus a WHOLE LOT MORE.

PRO's:
Great range.
Macros easy to create and edit.
Timer feature.
$59 is least expensive touchscreen remote I know of.
Backlight doesn't shut off after 90 seconds like Sony RM-2100.
6 hard buttons can be programed.

CON's:
15 screen limit.
6 hard buttons CANNOT be programed differently for each screen (will be fixed in next update).
Need multiple screens for each component to keep buttons at a finger friendy size.

Wanna see how powerful your remote's IR emitter is? If you have a camcorder with a "night shot" feature, take it along with your remote into a darkened room and point the remote towards a wall. View the image through your camcorders viewscreen or viewfinder while pressing buttons. Be sure to turn off your cam's built-in IR emitter if it has one (Many Sony's have them)

I found the Springboard to have an intense but relatively narrow beam, projecting a circular pattern. The dedicated remotes I have are not nearly as intense but the dispersion is more eliptcal, with the pattern more horizontally distributed. In practice the Springboard has a greater range but is less forgiving if not aimed in the general direction of the receiver. Keep this in mind if you don't like "aiming" your remote.

Hosting Services by ipHouse