The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 109 made on Saturday March 4, 2000 at 20:46
Barry
Historic Forum Post
Ok...

Here goes...I had an old Palm 5000 upgraded to 3.0 OS and IR laying around and tried OmniRemote after having to send my OFA 8080 back to be reprogrammed twice now. (Its a long story, but if you have them upgrade your 8080, DO NOT do a MFG reset if you can help it, as it erases the upgrade too!!!)

Anyway, since I also have a Palm V, I set it up on both. The performance on the Pilot 5000 is EXCELLENT, while the Palm V is terrible.

Since my Pilot 5000 doesn't have a backlight, I picked up a 1M Palm Professional on Ebay for $75 and am going to put my IR 2M upgrade in it. This is all much cheaper than a $400 Pronto...

Tod,
To program TiVo on OmniRemote, you need to set the carrier frequency to 37.5KHz. The default 39.2KHz simply won't work with the TiVo.

I currently have my Pilot 5000 running a Toshiba TW40H80 widescreen TV, TiVo, Toshiba DVD, Echostar 5000 Sat Receiver, and Aiwa AV-DV75 Dolby Receiver. All works great!! 2 screens per device.

All in all, this is a much more cost effective solution for me than a Pronto. If you ask me, based upon the technology involved in producing such items, the Pronto is WAAAY overpriced...

Anyway...just my 2 cents...

Barry

Hosting Services by ipHouse