Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 54 made on Saturday September 4, 1999 at 06:00
Steve
Historic Forum Post
Can anyone tell me if the Palm Pilot, the Pronto or any other universal remote (I do understand that the Palm Pilot isn't really made for that function) can control my Akai VS-A77EA VCR.

The remote is broken, unrepairable and unreplaceable, so I can't learn from it, but many functions can only be controlled from the remote so I can't use my VCR.

I am trying to find a remote that will have the right codes for this VCR hard coded, or one for which I can download the codes from an internet source.

I realize this isn't a request really applicable to this thread, but I thought since you are pretty knowledgeable that you may be able to help.

I realy like this VCR, it has served me well for nearly 10 years without a problem, it sounds good (you can hear the dialogue without blowing your neighbours and yourself away) and is just an all round excellent machine.

If anyone can tell me if there is a universal remote which will fullfil my needs or somewhere I can look to get some advice, I'd appreciate it.

I have emailed Akai, about 5 minutes before posting this, so maybe they may help.

Hope you can help,
Steve

Hosting Services by ipHouse