Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Tuesday June 15, 1999 at 06:20
PDD
Historic Forum Post
As far as not being ideal for a remote control, I don't quite understand your point. For example, the hardware is much better than the Sony AV-2000 because of it's size, and it's better than the Rotel RR990 because it has physical buttons. The software has advantages over the MKII because of the unlimited macros, and the all important labeling and customization of buttons. These are just a few reasons which it is 'best' in it's price range. Gimmick? I would definately say that is a bit exaggerated. The only thing which someone might find cumbersome is having to flip remote control upside down. Keep in mind that the software can also be flipped upside down so that the remote is normal relative to you. Also, if you decide to get the RF attachment I talked about (what I have done), the remote control does not have to be flipped.

One other point I should add:
*There is not another remote in it's price range ($200), where the software can be upgraded. There will always be enhancements which are free to those who purchase the Omniremote software. You will always have a remote which is consistently adding enhancements to it's remote control capabilites. It doesn't look like the Pronto now, but who knows? On a side note, the Omniremote won Product of the Year for 1998, according to Palm Power magazine.

Hosting Services by ipHouse