Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Monday June 14, 1999 at 13:30
Daniel Tonks
Historic Forum Post
Sigh. There doesn't seem to be any point here. Pilot users refuse to believe there could be anything better out there, Pronto users already know there isn't! Statements like "it is competing with the Pronto and the Madrigal at a much better price level" & "Can it do the same things as the Pronto? Yes, for the most part" are somewhat misleading. It does everything a universal remote control can do, and more, but is not in the same class as the Pronto -- the same way the Pronto is not in the same class as a Lexicon.

Are Pronto users "spending hundreds of hours programing" their remotes? Do you own a Pronto? I thought not. No, I don't own the OmniRemote, however I have used one. Is drawing every one of your buttons on the screen in the Pilot really a time saver over downloading a pre-configured template for the Pronto, or even using the built-in ones?

All those people who aren't "looking for a remote control to control...all the free time in there lives" could download my graphics for which I have spent hours for the benefit of others who may want to use them. I'm not the only Pronto fish in the pond either - there are dozens of other hardworking Pronto users who have taken the time to provide their work for others to freely borrow from. So please, let's keep the outrageously exaggerated statements to a minimum, yes?

My position remains the following:

* The Palm Pilot can be used as a remote control
* It is an adequit choice for people who already own the PIM
* I do not personally recommend it if you a) use your Pilot for anything else b) have more than one family member who wants to use the theater or c) think it's a Pronto.

Hosting Services by ipHouse